bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #1
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Question on ID7 presets

I just got my M240 / first BMW and am trying to find my way around ID7 - which so far I am really liking.

When I scroll channels on the SiriusXM source, I get the channel name as well as the current artist and song playing. But after assigning channels to the presets and scrolling through the presets, I only see the name of the channel.

Is there a way to get the additional info to show in presets?

Thanks
      08-10-2022, 08:11 PM   #2
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

I don’t think so. Presets aren’t exclusive to SiriusMX, you can put AM/FM stations in the same list, so the display is different.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #3
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

if I remember correctly, when you highlight a channel in your favorites/preset XM radio screen, it should show more info on the right side of the screen.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
Fahfoofnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230i LCI

I can't understand why we're not able in ID7 to assign any Favorite channels in SXM to a shortcut button.

Only when adding an SXM channel to Presets can the Presets -- all of them -- be added as a shortcut button. So after going through SXM and adding SXM channels as Favorites, there's no way to add those Favorites as a shortcut button…kind of disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 07:44 PM   #5
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahfoofnik View Post
I can't understand why we're not able in ID7 to assign any Favorite channels in SXM to a shortcut button.

Only when adding an SXM channel to Presets can the Presets -- all of them -- be added as a shortcut button. So after going through SXM and adding SXM channels as Favorites, there's no way to add those Favorites as a shortcut button…kind of disappointing.
Huh? You can do both... Go to Satellite Radio, scroll to the channel you want, and hold the numbered button down to assign an individual channel to a button
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 08:53 PM   #6
Fahfoofnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoop View Post
Huh? You can do both... Go to Satellite Radio, scroll to the channel you want, and hold the numbered button down to assign an individual channel to a button
Whoops, I likely didn't explain this right.

What I'm looking to do is to make the list of SXM Favorite channels -- that list itself, which around 17-18 channels -- a preset.

So, say, I press "4" on the dash -- and what shows up are the SXM channels I've made Favorites from inside the SXM Media section.

I can't find a way to do that. I can add an SXM channel to the Presets list and make that Presets list a button press, but not the SXM Favorites list. That's what's apparently not assignable to a button.

The only way I've found I can bring up a list of Favorite SXM channels is to make them a preset, and then I can see the SXM channels in the Presets list, which I do have assigned to a button.

Plus, those SXM channels as a presets in that Presets list aren't "movable." Say I have the BPM channel in Preset list slot 3, and I want to move it to slot 2 in the Presets list -- nope, can't do that. I have to delete whatever SXM or radio station is in Preset slot 2, surf over to the BPM channel, make that a favorite in slot 2, delete its previous position in slot 3 in the Presets list, and put whatever was in slot 2 in slot 3 in the Presets list -- since I can't move it.

I seriously spent a good 20 minutes one day setting everything to default, and started over by using my phone with the SXM channel lineup in one hand and added the channels to the Presets list with the other hand. It was tedious. And now I feel like I can't touch that Presets list or I'll have to start over again.

This is one reason why I'd rather make specific channels I mark as an SXM Favorite channel -- that list I make up of Favorites -- assignable to a 1-8 button I can press on the dash. Plus, the SXM Favorites channel list shows what's currently playing…SXM channels I make a Preset does NOT show what's currently playing.

It's very much a 1st world problem and an annoyance due to a lack of convenience.
Appreciate 0