Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Upshift "farts"

11-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #1
nikiky
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i

Smile Upshift "farts"

Hello guys! This is my first time posting here and I am starting with a rather childish post than a more serious one. I own a 2019 G20 320i,the B48 engine (Europe version with OPF). My car already has the burble or "pops and bangs" in Sport+ when standing in Park or when downshifting,but I was wondering if there is any way I could get it to also have that upshifting "farts" similar to DSG. Here is a video from youtube of a 330i (same engine) doing that. https://youtu.be/r7LHy2S8pio

What mods do I need in order to get to that type of upshift sound?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 09:42 PM   #2
leoffyddd
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

the "fart" is something you cannot get from physical mods, you need a transmission tune.
check this article from xHP https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/the_fart_secret/
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #3
nikiky
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoffyddd View Post
the "fart" is something you cannot get from physical mods, you need a transmission tune.
check this article from xHP https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/the_fart_secret/
Thanks! This was really helpful but I am going to ask another question now. Where can I find a TCU tune like the xHP one with that "ignition cut" for the G20 320i? They seem to only have that for the M340i and I couldn't find any OTS TCU tunes for the 320.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
MidnightShadow330
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i M Sport

The G20 generation has a natural upshift fart sound thingy without a tune at least in Sports + mode that you can code through bimmercode. The guy in the video you mentioned has a downpipe and no resonator. That enhances the sound and makes the upshift more aggressive. So if you want to get the sound, basically code sports+, get rid of the resonator, and if you want it to be even more loud and aggressive, install a downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
nikiky
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShadow330 View Post
The G20 generation has a natural upshift fart sound thingy without a tune at least in Sports + mode that you can code through bimmercode. The guy in the video you mentioned has a downpipe and no resonator. That enhances the sound and makes the upshift more aggressive. So if you want to get the sound, basically code sports+, get rid of the resonator, and if you want it to be even more loud and aggressive, install a downpipe.
The thing is that I am from Europe. I got the car from Germany and it already had Sport+ from the factory,but without those "stock" upsfhit pops. Maybe in the USA they are present with Sport+ but on my car they are not. That's why I am asking for any TCU tunes that someone has heard of for the 320i with the "Ignition cut" on upshift.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
MidnightShadow330
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiky View Post
The thing is that I am from Europe. I got the car from Germany and it already had Sport+ from the factory,but without those "stock" upsfhit pops. Maybe in the USA they are present with Sport+ but on my car they are not. That's why I am asking for any TCU tunes that someone has heard of for the 320i with the "Ignition cut" on upshift.
I see. That makes more sense. Yeah, I'm from the USA and here the cars are different in terms of that. I would think any well-known BMW tuner in Germany would be able to get the upshift sounds on your car. Unfortunately don't know any specific ones.
Appreciate 0