Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) How to adjust LED Headlights

12-13-2022, 09:52 PM   #1
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

How to adjust LED Headlights

Does anyone know how to adjust the LED low beams to point higher? I went through the FSM and it does not show specific G2x adjustment. It shows a different G chassis which does not look similar go my G20 m340i. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I lowered the car on coilovers, and it needs adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 06:35 AM   #2
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousmo View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the LED low beams to point higher? I went through the FSM and it does not show specific G2x adjustment. It shows a different G chassis which does not look similar go my G20 m340i. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I lowered the car on coilovers, and it needs adjustment.
Is the headlight aim too low? If too high, check the rear height sensor arm orientation (located on the driver's-side). The arm can be easily displaced and oriented incorrectly when changing the spring.... see attached for details on the height sensors and headlight adjustment.

Each headlight has two adjustment screws (to adjust vertical and lateral aim independently). The screw closer to the center-line of the vehicle is used to adjust vertical aim.

FYI, ISTA+ has a utility (ABL) that reads/stores static ride-height. This utility should be run after changing any suspension components.
viciousmo310.50
      12-14-2022, 02:56 PM   #3
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
Is the headlight aim too low? If too high, check the rear height sensor arm orientation (located on the driver's-side). The arm can be easily displaced and oriented incorrectly when changing the spring.... see attached for details on the height sensors and headlight adjustment.

Each headlight has two adjustment screws (to adjust vertical and lateral aim independently). The screw closer to the center-line of the vehicle is used to adjust vertical aim.

FYI, ISTA+ has a utility (ABL) that reads/stores static ride-height. This utility should be run after changing any suspension components.
This was it, the adjustment arm was not on the driver's side. I appreciate the help! I also just dug around the bay for a bit and found an allen bolt near the back of the headlight that did the trick. Thank you!
Appreciate 0