Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Update Confusion

03-10-2024, 02:21 PM   #1
Blazin65
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Update Confusion

I hate to post this but this update thing is getting old. For several months now I've been getting an update on my vehicle. When I get in the car it says it's waiting on my phone. I try it and nothing works. When I'm just sitting outside away from my car my phone says it needs to update it. It's just one thing after another the things don't communicate with each other. What the heck am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 03:55 PM   #2
chutoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Garage List
For me, it seems like when I connect to both Bluetooth and car WiFi, it seems to trigger the update process more successfully . Still a PITA as upgrade downloads to phone but once finished, doesn’t transfer to car immediately . I go away and next day connecting to both BT and Wi-Fi triggers the transfer. Then you have to do the parked 20-30minute install.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 08:40 PM   #3
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
I had two updates which failed to load to the car from my phone, despite both Bluetooth and WiFi being enabled (I have a low-tech iPhone SE which is about 3 years old - I don't know if that makes any difference). I grumbled to my dealer when the car went in for service last July and they updated it without charging me (my car is well out of warranty).

Recently, after downloading the latest update to my phone, it prompted the download with no issues the very first time I drove the car. To be honest, I rarely see any material benefits in the updates anyway so I'm never that fussed, other than the mild irritation factor of knowing something isn't working as it should ...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 09:17 AM   #4
Blazin65
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviatrix View Post
I had two updates which failed to load to the car from my phone, despite both Bluetooth and WiFi being enabled (I have a low-tech iPhone SE which is about 3 years old - I don't know if that makes any difference). I grumbled to my dealer when the car went in for service last July and they updated it without charging me (my car is well out of warranty).

Recently, after downloading the latest update to my phone, it prompted the download with no issues the very first time I drove the car. To be honest, I rarely see any material benefits in the updates anyway so I'm never that fussed, other than the mild irritation factor of knowing something isn't working as it should ...
Same here. Maybe it will update sometime this year.
Appreciate 0