Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications AWE Exhaust Tip alternatives?

05-12-2024, 12:57 AM   #1
giofaltaos
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340 Xdrive

AWE Exhaust Tip alternatives?

Hey all,

Currently in a sticky situation so I’ll try to give as much context as I can.

I purchased an AWE touring exhaust but opted out on the 4” tips because I heard that they wouldn’t fit aftermarket diffusers due to their size. So when ordering, I chose the OE tips and thought to purchase aftermarket tips.

I bought these tips from Monaco Motorsports (link: https://monacoms.com/bmw-m-performan...-exhaust-tips/ ) which were a little bit smaller than the AWE tips so I thought I was good.

While the shop was installing the exhaust they told me that those tips didn’t fit since AWE muffler had a circular outlet and the tips had an ovalar shape to them. Has anyone successfully installed these tips instead of the AWE Tips on an AWE exhaust?

Also, I can’t return the tips because I ordered them a couple days after ordering the exhaust. The tips arrived at my house 4/19 and according to Monaco’s return policy, I only qualify for a return if it’s within two weeks of the delivery date. The exhaust took 3 weeks to get to the shop and I got news today (5/11) that the tips didn’t fit so I don’t qualify for the return. However, I still emailed them to see if there’s anything that they could do.

So my questions are, has anyone been able to install these specific tips on an AWE exhaust?

If not, which tips are a better alternative than the ones AWE offer, that also fit the exhaust?

Thank you guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 11:12 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

im not aware of any tips other than AWE that fit on their exhaust

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0