Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

04-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #221
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Ah thanks baturbo when I looked it had not been updated for 9 days, so I bought the iphone app marinetraffic , it still showed the same position, so I bought the 24 hour tracking for $1.49 and voila I saw the new location.
Thank goodness , happier now
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #222
swaters
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Hi guys, my car is due to arrive at Port Kembla on 17/4/20, how long does it usually take until I'll be able to get my hands on the car? I read it could be another 2 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #223
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaters View Post
Hi guys, my car is due to arrive at Port Kembla on 17/4/20, how long does it usually take until I'll be able to get my hands on the car? I read it could be another 2 weeks?
As a guide, my car arrived in Melbourne 24th March and it was delivered to me in Adelaide 3rd April.
      04-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #224
swaters
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
As a guide, my car arrived in Melbourne 24th March and it was delivered to me in Adelaide 3rd April.
Seems like it will be 1-2 weeks on top of the estimated delivery date stated on the invoice
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:21 PM   #225
hulugulu
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Hi Guys,

Finally my car is ready to pick up on Monday. I need your suggestion for the final payment.

Should I transfer all the payment to their bank account before Monday so that I can pick up my car on the same day, or inspect my car on Monday to make sure everything is looking good before I transfer the money? But it may take 1-2days to get into their bank account.

I want to pick up on the same day, but my partner insists on paying them after I see my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 01:43 AM   #226
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugulu View Post
Hi Guys,

Finally my car is ready to pick up on Monday. I need your suggestion for the final payment.

Should I transfer all the payment to their bank account before Monday so that I can pick up my car on the same day, or inspect my car on Monday to make sure everything is looking good before I transfer the money? But it may take 1-2days to get into their bank account.

I want to pick up on the same day, but my partner insists on paying them after I see my car.
You could take a bank cheque with you.
Inspect the car and, if all ok, drive away a happy man.
If not ok, ask for the issues to rectified. Drive away with bank cheque in pocket.
When the issues are resolved, pay with the same bank cheque.......and drive away a happy man.
Easy.
      04-18-2020, 02:35 AM   #227
hulugulu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Hi Guys,

You could take a bank cheque with you.
Inspect the car and, if all ok, drive away a happy man.
If not ok, ask for the issues to rectified. Drive away with bank cheque in pocket.
When the issues are resolved, pay with the same bank cheque.......and drive away a happy man.
Easy.
I have asked the dealer about can I use bank cheque. They said BMW has a strict policy, even bank cheque that it still has to wait until the money hit into their account before I can drive it away.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 03:14 AM   #228
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

@hulugulu that sounds like someone's just trying to make things diff for you. A bank won't issue a bank cheque unless you have available guaranteed funds right? Unlike personal cheques.
shouldn't be expected to part with ur $$ until product is inspected and accepted.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 04:55 AM   #229
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have asked the dealer about can I use bank cheque. They said BMW has a strict policy, even bank cheque that it still has to wait until the money hit into their account before I can drive it away.
I reckon that is total BS. A bank cheque is guaranteed money.
I did not have time to pay for my car by way of EFT (couldn’t meet the 2 day time frame that BMW left me).
Therefore, I nipped into the bank, drew a Bank Cheque, paid for the car at 4:30 pm on a Friday, and drove the car home. None of this BS waiting for BMW to take the cheque to the bank to lodge it in their account.
In fact, now I think about it, all the Beemers that I have bought have been by way of bank cheque.....right up to $ 175,000 for the M3.
Talk to your dealer again and insist it takes a bank cheque on the day of delivery. If no success, go straight to the top dog manager of the dealership.
BMW dealers ultimately want to keep their customers happy and return to buy another car.
      04-18-2020, 06:11 AM   #230
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Hulugulu

I was also wondering on how to pay.

These days most banks have OSKO, so electronic transfer is immediate and I think somewhere you can raise the limit to $100 000 for the day, depends on your bank.

So my idea was to inspect the car see if any defects and once happy just pay with my phone.

As its an OSKO payment they should get the money within a few minutes and they should be able to check if the money is in their account.

You may need to call your dealer and ask for the specifics.

So what I might do is first transfer $1 to the account to ensure it's the right account, ask them if they got it , then transfer the rest as its a large amount of money.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #231
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi Hulugulu

These days most banks have OSKO, so electronic transfer is immediate and I think somewhere you can raise the limit to $100 000 for the day, depends on your bank.

So my idea was to inspect the car see if any defects and once happy just pay with my phone.

As its an OSKO payment they should get the money within a few minutes and they should be able to check if the money is in their account.

So what I might do is first transfer $1 to the account to ensure it's the right account, ask them if they got it , then transfer the rest as its a large amount of money.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just an update on this, I confirmed with the BMW Finance Manager , Bank Cheque is as good as cash, no need to clear.So all good.
Hulugulu what form of payment did you end up paying with?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 12:43 AM   #232
hulugulu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Hulugulu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just an update on this, I confirmed with the BMW Finance Manager , Bank Cheque is as good as cash, no need to clear.So all good.
Hulugulu what form of payment did you end up paying with?
I paid my car via bank transfer. I transferred the money at 1 pm, and the money hit into their bank account around 10 am on the next day morning. They said they got an issue with the bank cheque on the early of this year. Therefore they won't release the car before the money has hit into their bank account.

On the day I inspected the car and transferred the money, the car was looking perfect. However, on the next day morning, before I drove it away from the dealership, I double-checked my car and found out there was a paint chip on the rear bumper which It is not obvious.

Make sure that you doubt inspection your car before you drive it away.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 01:08 AM   #233
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
That’s annoying.
It’s hard to see in the photo, but is that a paint chip or some excess black silastic?
      04-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #234
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I paid my car via bank transfer. I transferred the money at 1 pm, and the money hit into their bank account around 10 am on the next day morning. They said they got an issue with the bank cheque on the early of this year. Therefore they won't release the car before the money has hit into their bank account.

On the day I inspected the car and transferred the money, the car was looking perfect. However, on the next day morning, before I drove it away from the dealership, I double-checked my car and found out there was a paint chip on the rear bumper which It is not obvious.

Make sure that you doubt inspection your car before you drive it away.

Ah ok thanks , no worries.Maybe it's different depending on which dealership you go to.
That's terrible so sad about the chip, that would really pee me off on a brand new car.
I have compiled my checklist of 200 points already
So I will spend a few hours there checking each component
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #235
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Ah ok thanks , no worries.Maybe it's different depending on which dealership you go to.
That's terrible so sad about the chip, that would really pee me off on a brand new car.
I have compiled my checklist of 200 points already
So I will spend a few hours there checking each component
Did you make it up yourself or based it on existing? I found one Tesla guys use, but would be interested in seeing other ones
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #236
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Could be worse... some idiot rear ended my partner's brand new 1 series whilst the dealer was doing their pre-delivery inspection drive. I know they 'need' to do those drives but it was totally an unnecessary risk.

Car had barely double digits on the clock, not even registered yet. And yet someone was thick enough to rear end a bright blue car on a clear day. Not a serious hit but you don't want to accept a repaired "new" car.

She now has to wait 6 months for another one to be built and shipped over given COVID-19 and everything. She was gutted, it was her first new car and she had spent months fantasising about the big day. Made worse, the day it happened was her birthday and she was due to pick it up the next day. She's still upset about it, poor thing.

At least the dealer were completely transparent and didn't hesitate to offer any/every options to keep her happy... was very impressed at how they handled it, all things considered.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 10:18 PM   #237
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Could be worse... some idiot rear ended my partner's brand new 1 series whilst the dealer was doing their pre-delivery inspection drive. I know they 'need' to do those drives but it was totally an unnecessary risk.

Car had barely double digits on the clock, not even registered yet. And yet someone was thick enough to rear end a bright blue car on a clear day. Not a serious hit but you don't want to accept a repaired "new" car.

She now has to wait 6 months for another one to be built and shipped over given COVID-19 and everything. She was gutted, it was her first new car and she had spent months fantasising about the big day. Made worse, the day it happened was her birthday and she was due to pick it up the next day. She's still upset about it, poor thing.

At least the dealer were completely transparent and didn't hesitate to offer any/every options to keep her happy... was very impressed at how they handled it, all things considered.
Man! Oh, Man! I really feel for her. What a terrible experience for her first new car.
Let’s hope the replacement is fully optioned to take the edge of the disappointment and arrives in lightning quick time.
In the meantime, I’m sure she’ll have a lot of fun driving your car around!
      05-02-2020, 01:36 AM   #238
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:

Unimaginable disappointment
At least in 6m hopefully the Covid restrictions will be less and she can zoom straight out to the fun roads !
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:19 AM   #239
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Did you make it up yourself or based it on existing? I found one Tesla guys use, but would be interested in seeing other ones
Hi Slideit

I made it up myself just a basic list, I counted so not quite 200 points about 120
I did see that Tesla one , so not as comprehensive.
Its not quite up to sharing standards yet , let me refine it a bit first.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:22 AM   #240
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Aaargh... so sad for you mate, that's possibly the worst thing that could ever happen to somebody and if you happen to love car's it is the worst thing.My condolences.
Makes me worry a lot when I think of picking up my car soon...aargh
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #241
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Hi Slideit

I made it up myself just a basic list, I counted so not quite 200 points about 120
I did see that Tesla one , so not as comprehensive.
Its not quite up to sharing standards yet , let me refine it a bit first.
No stress mate. I’m about to start looking at making one soon. Triton Ace has docked at Melbourne tonight. Assuming I’ve got about two weeks to go !
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #242
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
No stress mate. I’m about to start looking at making one soon. Triton Ace has docked at Melbourne tonight. Assuming I’ve got about two weeks to go !
So exciting , mine is only coming late May , June delivery ...cannot wait !!

The list is in a format on my apple Imac called .ics its in the Reminders app, if you message me privately with your email I can send.
Some points are related to issues I have seen on the forums that other owners have had so included these to check.
Appreciate 0