Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Dongar Porsche adapter for dashcam power, always on?

09-17-2023, 07:24 AM   #1
ksalper
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xdrive

Dongar Porsche adapter for dashcam power, always on?

Has anyone else used Dongar's Porsche adapter to power a dashcam or radar detector? I can't remember where I saw that it was the right one, but I definitely did see that somewhere, and I installed it and a Viofo A119 easily enough using the info here, but it connects to the purple wiring harness on the top, not the lower one as in that post -- and I suspect it may be always on as a result. (I didn't have time to properly check yesterday after I installed it, but it was definitely still recording 20 minutes after I turned the car off, so I manually turned it off at that point.)

Anyone know for sure? The Viofo manual is a little sketchy on the details of parking mode, and I'm in my own garage 90% of the time anyway, so I just want to make sure I don't end up with a dead battery if I forget to manually turn it off.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 09:27 PM   #2
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Never seen one of those adapters before. Most on here (I included) use a MirrorTap to power a radar detector or other accessory.

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man
Appreciate 0