Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions What did you learn or discover about your G20 3 Series recently?

12-14-2023, 12:48 AM   #1453
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

toddwalton - while I can understand the recommended pressure change with temp change while driving, I have no clue why recommended pressure should change with outside temperature changes. The only reason I can think of is that BMW does not want people to worry too much and adjust the pressure too often, so that is why they change recommendation in iDrive with temp change. So if you have setup in to rec. in 20°C your car will show your pressure on point in 39°C as well. Not sure this is correct way to address this topic though.
As for the difference in recommended tyre pressures - I am on non-RFT as well and even if there was need for different pressure from non-RFT to RFT it should be stated on the jamb, don't you think? Our vehicles can be fitted from factory with either type of tyres. Vehicle weight is plausible reason, but as G26 is heavier(or same weight?) than G21 the pressure for G26 should be higher in my mind?
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1306.00
      01-04-2024, 05:25 PM   #1454
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M340xi

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
I learned recently that on my MY 24 M340Xi, 1) if you ask the personal assistant to navigate to a destination while you’re backing up the car slams on brakes and tells you not to do that, and 2) if you are backing out of a one car garage and have the active PDC emergency braking on, many times the sensors pick up the sides of the wall and slam on brakes.

So unfortunately I have just turned the emergency braking off.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2024, 06:27 PM   #1455
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporto View Post
I learned recently that on my MY 24 M340Xi, 1) if you ask the personal assistant to navigate to a destination while you’re backing up the car slams on brakes and tells you not to do that, and 2) if you are backing out of a one car garage and have the active PDC emergency braking on, many times the sensors pick up the sides of the wall and slam on brakes.

When backing into my garage I have to hit the parking sensor button which temporarily deactivates the sensors. Then hit the camera button to bring the rear cam up. This allows me to still see behind me but ensures it won’t slam on the brakes as I enter my 1 car garage.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 02:25 PM   #1456
Blazin65
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporto View Post

I have a two car garage, but the doors are separate. But trust me I also have the same issue many times. I have to back up very slowly.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 02:28 PM   #1457
Blazin65
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
You likely know this, but it is recommended by BMW to just hit the AUTO button, pick a temperature you like, and leave the fully automated climate control alone. Turning the AC on/off manually can add humidity to the cabin and cause a dangerous visibility situation.

Here Upover where it gets cold half the year, our AC is always 'on' all Winter as well, even when it's freezing outside and our interior temperature is set to 80 degrees fahrenheit. Again, because that's how BMW designed their system. Air Conditioners are also dehumidifiers. That's why.
I didn't know any of this. Thanks for mentioning it.
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1306.00
      01-05-2024, 03:07 PM   #1458
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M340xi

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
I have a two car garage, but the doors are separate. But trust me I also have the same issue many times. I have to back up very slowly.
Same here two car but separate doors. Even with the PDC emergency braking off it still buzzes at me unless I go real slow like you said.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 09:03 AM   #1459
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
I didn't know any of this. Thanks for mentioning it.

Happy to help.

The new BMW climate control system is a dream, set it up as shown and and it will behave just like the climate control system in your house- full blast to get you to maximum cooling/warming and then fan speed slowed way down to a low level as it maintains itself.

Set this up once this way, and from then forward 90% of the time you'll never have to touch it. If you need a bit of an adjustment, all you have to to is tap the temperature control +/- 1 or 2 degrees either way to tweak it.
Appreciate 3
      01-12-2024, 05:15 AM   #1460
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
The same also happens when I back out from a steep driveway and the rear sensors detect the road as a vertical wall and slams on the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 05:20 AM   #1461
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

After completing a 2000km road trip over a week, I noticed that the clock does not change as it crosses to a new time zone, despite it being set to Automatic. ☹️
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 07:20 PM   #1462
psuky1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
After completing a 2000km road trip over a week, I noticed that the clock does not change as it crosses to a new time zone, despite it being set to Automatic. ☹️
Weird, I’m pretty sure mine automatically adjusts between time zones
Appreciate 1
Bmwphile149.00
      01-12-2024, 08:18 PM   #1463
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I learned today that after 5 months I still prefer Comfort steering while in Sport Individual mode.
Appreciate 1
zlatko117.50
      01-15-2024, 03:35 PM   #1464
fortuneman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (2023, iDrive 8)

I have my car since last Friday and while I love it so far I am starting to discover how many advanced functions are unavailable in my region, even though I am based in the EU.

Just in the last few days I have found out that:
- no Digital Key (Plus), this one is on Samsung insisting on using its Wallet
- no garage door remote control on the mirror
- no Spotify
- no traffic lights recognition in the Assisted Driving

And probably many more I have not found as of yet. It doesnt detract that much from this great car but still I think it is a bit unfair.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 12:44 AM   #1465
zlatko
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: G21 LCI 330d Xdrive

fortuneman - yeah, Samsung's is the worst company I have seen in regards to (mobile phone) software! Not having the option to use DK because of that sucks big way! I am really pissed off of them. Traffic lights recognition could be due to regulations. My car behave differently in different regions - in my home country it doesn't read any signs other than speed limit. In Greece it reads many more traffic signs - e.g. "overtaking forbidden", warning signs etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 01:54 AM   #1466
Tim 4723
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Quote:
You likely know this, but it is recommended by BMW to just hit the AUTO button, pick a temperature you like, and leave the fully automated climate control alone. Turning the AC on/off manually can add humidity to the cabin and cause a dangerous visibility situation.

Here Upover where it gets cold half the year, our AC is always 'on' all Winter as well, even when it's freezing outside and our interior temperature is set to 80 degrees fahrenheit. Again, because that's how BMW designed their system. Air Conditioners are also dehumidifiers. That's why.
"Dangerous visibility situation" is massively overselling 'windows might start fogging up' at which point you can turn on the demisting like you do in almost every other car.

Don't get me wrong I use the auto setting and find it quite good but I do frequently still make minor adjustments to the temperature and fan speed.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 07:56 AM   #1467
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim 4723 View Post
"Dangerous visibility situation" is massively overselling 'windows might start fogging up' at which point you can turn on the demisting like you do in almost every other car.
If you're driving on the highway with the AC off and suddenly the windows get all fogged up, it is most definitely a dangerous situation. It can take 1-2 full minutes for the cabin to de-humidify and clear up the fogging. (Ask me how I know)

Modern cars are built to have the AC on at all times, summer and winter, they shouldn't even have the option to turn the compressor off.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 08:55 AM   #1468
JJKiii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i

Garage List
2024 BMW M340i  [9.00]
I have a 2024 M340i and it always annoyed me when switching driving modes to have the control display flash "Sport" or "Comfort". Found out turning off popups for Driver Experience stopped this from happening. Much better!
Appreciate 1
zlatko117.50
      01-16-2024, 09:01 AM   #1469
RT1250Ryder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 LCI M340i

Quote:

Happy to help.

The new BMW climate control system is a dream, set it up as shown and and it will behave just like the climate control system in your house- full blast to get you to maximum cooling/warming and then fan speed slowed way down to a low level as it maintains itself.

Set this up once this way, and from then forward 90% of the time you'll never have to touch it. If you need a bit of an adjustment, all you have to to is tap the temperature control +/- 1 or 2 degrees either way to tweak it.
This is how I have mine. Pretty much set and forget. It even remembers the passenger seat setting and will only turn on when there is a passenger.
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1306.00
      01-16-2024, 10:41 AM   #1470
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneman View Post
I have my car since last Friday and while I love it so far I am starting to discover how many advanced functions are unavailable in my region, even though I am based in the EU.

- no Spotify

And probably many more I have not found as of yet. It doesnt detract that much from this great car but still I think it is a bit unfair.
No garage controls? Ok that's unheard of. Are you sure?!
      01-16-2024, 04:25 PM   #1471
panki_86
Private First Class
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneman View Post

- no Spotify

-Homelink (garage door remote control) is in Europe for 3 series as retrofit option, you can buy Homelink mirror at dealership.
-Spotify is connected to Connected Drive account, if you use German Connected Drive account, you will have Spotify (I am using German Connected Drive in Slovenia).
-Traffic lights are region based. They work in Europe, but they need to be coded. They are not working good. In my home country some traffic lights are accepted automaticaly, so my car stops at red light, on same of them i need to press SET button, some of them are not even recognized.
Appreciate 1
zlatko117.50
      01-16-2024, 05:34 PM   #1472
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

Homelink is useless if you have an alarm at home
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 04:00 PM   #1473
fortuneman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (2023, iDrive 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panki_86 View Post
-Homelink (garage door remote control) is in Europe for 3 series as retrofit option, you can buy Homelink mirror at dealership.
-Spotify is connected to Connected Drive account, if you use German Connected Drive account, you will have Spotify (I am using German Connected Drive in Slovenia).
-Traffic lights are region based. They work in Europe, but they need to be coded. They are not working good. In my home country some traffic lights are accepted automaticaly, so my car stops at red light, on same of them i need to press SET button, some of them are not even recognized.
Thanks for the advice, being new to BMW, still learning these things. Didnt know about the homelink (will ask the dealership).

So if I change the Localisation info from Slovakia to Germany, Spotify will simply magically appear? Double-checking, because in order to change it, the MyBMW app tells me I need to remove my car from my BMW ID, which means setting it up again
Is this the only reason you picked the German version, or just Spotify?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #1474
Tim 4723
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Quote:
If you're driving on the highway with the AC off and suddenly the windows get all fogged up, it is most definitely a dangerous situation. It can take 1-2 full minutes for the cabin to de-humidify and clear up the fogging. (Ask me how I know)

Modern cars are built to have the AC on at all times, summer and winter, they shouldn't even have the option to turn the compressor off.
If youre paing any attention you turn it on before it completely fogs up. If they weren't safe to drive with it off the option wouldn't even be there.

I'll continue risking my life turning the AC off. s/
Appreciate 0