Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Remote Start does not turn on heated seats/steering wheel?

02-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #265
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Ahh. It becomes warm in mine but I just assumed it was because the vents were directed towards the steering wheel. Lol. Weird that the steering wheel heat turns on but seats don't.
Yup this is the issue a good number of us have been reporting for a bit now - steering wheel heater comes on but seat heater doesn't.
Appreciate 1
gnolivos319.00
      02-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #266
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Ok guys I'm gonna put an end to this.
I talked extensively to a local BMW service rep (who was very knowledgeable all things m340i, and he owns one himself!).
He told me that there is no rhyme or reason for some models to work properly with the seats heating up, while others do not. He said, in no uncertain terms, this is a known issue and a mystery yet unresolved. He is aware of the TSB from 2020 that supposedly fixed this, yet he acknowledges this is an ongoing issue and a source of frustration for many customers and for himself as an actual owner.

So I guess the bottom line is, everybody needs to sit back and wait, and hopefully BMW figures this out. It is currently UNRESOLVED.
VipinLJ1941.50
      10-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #267
Oafboy182
Registered
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M340i

I hope this is something BMW can figure out eventually. When I bought my 21 M340 back in July the seats and steering wheel would warm when I did the remote start, unless it was warm outside. There were no lights on indicating the seat warmers were on even after starting the car. And it was at a low setting but perfect for when I first got in the car. But a few weeks ago the seats stopped warming and just the steering wheel would warm. I've been trying to figure it out since. But it looks like a problem a lot of us are having. I find it so weird that my seats used to warm but now don't. I thought I had accidentally changed something in iDrive.

Last edited by Oafboy182; 10-27-2022 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2022, 10:07 PM   #268
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafboy182 View Post
I hope this is something BMW can figure out eventually. When I bought my 21 M340 back in July the seats and steering wheel would warm when I did the remote start, unless it was warm outside. There were no lights on indicating the seat warmers were on even after starting the car. And it was at a low setting but perfect for when I first got in the car. But a few weeks ago the seats stopped warming and just the steering wheel would warm. I've been trying to figure it out since. But it looks like a problem a lot of us are having. I find it so weird that my seats used to warm but now don't. I thought I had accidentally changed something in iDrive.
Have you gone into the iDrive and checked your climate control settings? There are settings for both the steering wheel & seats, as well as to adjust the temps at which they turn on.
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2022, 12:17 AM   #269
jiimmmayyy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafboy182 View Post
Have you gone into the iDrive and checked your climate control settings? There are settings for both the steering wheel & seats, as well as to adjust the temps at which they turn on.
Regardless the heated seat only turns on after you get in and put the car in drive ready mode. But while it's remote started only the steering wheel heater will be in. Pretty strange how it didn't used to be that way
      10-28-2022, 08:36 AM   #270
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiimmmayyy View Post
Regardless the heated seat only turns on after you get in and put the car in drive ready mode. But while it's remote started only the steering wheel heater will be in. Pretty strange how it didn't used to be that way
Interesting. I don't have remote start but have the "pre-conditioning" feature. I have mine set to come on at 55 degrees. I do notice that the steering wheel is warm when I get in the car & the seats come on pretty quick when I start driving. Mine is set to the middle setting & displays such on the dash button. The sensetec seat material doesn't really get cold, so that works for me in my climate.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2024, 03:00 PM   #271
plogan25
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I took my car (2020 330i) into the BMW dealership and showed them the SIB sheet referenced elsewhere (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...82616-9999.pdf), and they said that will only apply to cars produced 11/18-11/19. Since mine was produced after that, they said they couldn't fix it. They said it was a feature a while back, but a recent software update disabled it. So frustrating. I don't know if I would've spent $360 after tax to get remote start had I known this.
Appreciate 1
gnolivos319.00
      02-10-2024, 09:41 PM   #272
psaav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340 xDrive

My steering wheel heat will turn on automatically with remote start, but only if it's "cold" out. It won't do it if it's warmer. Not sure what actual temp the remote start decides to heat the steering wheel or not. My seat heaters only turn on automatically if it's 28* or below per the car temp(like I set it in Idrive).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 11:20 AM   #273
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaav View Post
My steering wheel heat will turn on automatically with remote start, but only if it's "cold" out. It won't do it if it's warmer. Not sure what actual temp the remote start decides to heat the steering wheel or not. My seat heaters only turn on automatically if it's 28* or below per the car temp(like I set it in Idrive).
My 2022 m340i has a setting for the wheel trigger temperature just like you have for the seats.