EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

03-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
smh_amg_m4gts
Faster on 2wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4GTS

M4 GTS Track Setup

I know these cars are built for the track...but does that mean any customizations would degrade it's performance?

I'm considering wider tires and possible a different ET setup for the track.

Thx in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
mu2002cs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8

Before doing anything, you need to drive the GTS on the track. This is an incredible car and you will be surprised by its capabilities. Two suggestions for your first time out:

1) remove the spacers to lower the car.

2) dial in a couple more degrees of negative camber.

After that, you can modify as needed to improve your track time/experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
e92MMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2002cs View Post
Before doing anything, you need to drive the GTS on the track. This is an incredible car and you will be surprised by its capabilities. Two suggestions for your first time out:

1) remove the spacers to lower the car.

2) dial in a couple more degrees of negative camber.

After that, you can modify as needed to improve your track time/experience.
how much camber can u get with just removing the c clips ? no camber plates just stock? do you have a good suggestion for alignment ? my gts ate front tires at 34 psi and lowered to c clips out full aero. i left the shocks stock setting for the first day but the car seem to have a ton of body roll on those settings and pushed a bit at the limit didn't want to turn in on that camber setup
68 528 hemi dodge dart
69 598 jon kaase boss mustang
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Captain Unknown GT4
Captain
Rep
Drives: GT4

I would never drop the car by removing C clips and not follow M:s recomendations on rebound/compression.

The main point of the 24months of GTS development was among other thing, get the 2 prefered best overall settings. Wich make It very easy for us owners, Hence the chassie guru Jorge W at M like did 50000km in the car, at street and track, short and long. Hence we got 2 settings wich would be very solid for the 95% owners. The rest of the 5% that bother and got the time, skills and buget could get the car even lower and slightly more camber(in stock form) etc. and match the car for personal driverstyle.

Follow BMW M setting, and It will not roll or ptich at all on track. It will drive totaly planted, and you will make better use of tire.
Its like 2500 way of setting the 3way KW chassie including aero on GTS. One must know what one do, its very easy to go wrong and you have a less preforming car. Then again there are people who will succed. I recall -2 is the most Anybody get in GTS by just removing c clip.
Appreciate 1
Rasya36.50