BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-22-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
chanst3r
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 (F15) M Sport

Just got my MPPK installed

Hi all, just got my MPPK installed by the dealer. Took them 1-2 hours to do. When they were done, they didn't install the badge or service record. Not a big deal but did you guys have the dealer install yours? If so, where? Is there a specific location it needs to be placed?

Also another thing, they did not give me the red envelop back with the FSC codes. Is this normal? Will I need that for reference in the further?

BTW, MPPK is my first mod and I love it. I may add race chip or MPE. Not sure what direction I should do first. My only concern is that MPE may be too loud. Thoughts?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12999.50
      03-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
HJ
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 CLS63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanst3r View Post
Hi all, just got my MPPK installed by the dealer. Took them 1-2 hours to do. When they were done, they didn't install the badge or service record. Not a big deal but did you guys have the dealer install yours? If so, where? Is there a specific location it needs to be placed?

Also another thing, they did not give me the red envelop back with the FSC codes. Is this normal? Will I need that for reference in the further?

BTW, MPPK is my first mod and I love it. I may add race chip or MPE. Not sure what direction I should do first. My only concern is that MPE may be too loud. Thoughts?
Congrats on your pk you'll love it. My friends didnt get the codes back either when installed instead they got an invoice/recipt of the install just in case. Definitely get the mpe as its a must with your mppk its not obnoxiously loud it sounds like it was made for this car in between sport and luxury. Although I have the mpe without the mppk Ive sat in cars with both and theres a big difference even in comfort mode
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #3
18BMWX5
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Quote:

I had the MPPK installed on 3/20. They put the Power Kit emblem on the engine cover and the programming decal on the radiator shroud (half hidden under the air intake). My dealer did give me the red envelope with everything included, though I'm not sure when I would need that. I didn't have the side skirt stickers installed because I have an X-Line and I didn't think I would like the placement of them. I have thought about putting one on the tailgate somewhere below the taillights. I too have been thinking about the MPE but I have more research to do on X-Line bumpers.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
chanst3r
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ View Post
Quote:

Congrats on your pk you'll love it. My friends didnt get the codes back either when installed instead they got an invoice/recipt of the install just in case. Definitely get the mpe as its a must with your mppk its not obnoxiously loud it sounds like it was made for this car in between sport and luxury. Although I have the mpe without the mppk Ive sat in cars with both and theres a big difference even in comfort mode
Thanks! Why not get the MPPK?
Appreciate 1
HJ478.00
      03-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
chanst3r
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18BMWX5 View Post
Quote:

I had the MPPK installed on 3/20. They put the Power Kit emblem on the engine cover and the programming decal on the radiator shroud (half hidden under the air intake). My dealer did give me the red envelope with everything included, though I'm not sure when I would need that. I didn't have the side skirt stickers installed because I have an X-Line and I didn't think I would like the placement of them. I have thought about putting one on the tailgate somewhere below the taillights. I too have been thinking about the MPE but I have more research to do on X-Line bumpers.
Thanks! How do you like the MPPK? Do you notice a difference? I do but only in sport mode. When in comfort not so much. Thinking of getting MPE but I haven't heard it in person yet. Mostly through videos online.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
18BMWX5
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! How do you like the MPPK? Do you notice a difference? I do but only in sport mode. When in comfort not so much. Thinking of getting MPE but I haven't heard it in person yet. Mostly through videos online.
I notice the improvements in Sport/ Sport+. I can't say I feel anything in Comfort mode either. I haven't heard the MPE in person. I will probably wait on the MPE until I figure out what I need for the bumper. Are you thinking about anything else for yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:22 PM   #7
mrod81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I notice the improvements in Sport/ Sport+. I can't say I feel anything in Comfort mode either. I haven't heard the MPE in person. I will probably wait on the MPE until I figure out what I need for the bumper. Are you thinking about anything else for yours?
Bootmod3 i feel a big difference in all modes except eco. In eco it seems to be the same but the throttle responds faster than stock. Didn't feel a huge bump when I tried out my friends X5 w mpe/mppk.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #8
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

They gave me a certificate of installation along with the invoice.
Here's where they placed the decals:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
SCA564.50
      03-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #9
Markbebb
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 4d m

Quote:

First time I've heard of mppk. Is it available for a 2017 4d?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #10
hambone1983
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35i

MPPK gets better after a few months. I've had it for 6 months now and the car is much peppier than ever.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #11
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone1983 View Post
MPPK gets better after a few months. I've had it for 6 months now and the car is much peppier than ever.
Nice... I have previously read that after a few tanks of gas it appears to improve as well.
Appreciate 0