BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-08-2022, 04:59 PM   #1
britord
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

6wb cluster problem

Hi everybody. I have a situation with the 6wb cluster, all configuration is fine and it appears well in the cluster, except where it shows the speed. everything is in miles but there it stays in kilometers, no matter what you adjust the settings. At first everything was fine and I think this happened after an oil change reset. Suppose some code corrupted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 03:29 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by britord View Post
…At first everything was fine and I think this happened after an oil change reset. Suppose some code corrupted.
I’m not sure which scale you want your speedometer to be in…MPH or KM/H?. How did you reset your service inspection? Did you use the instrument cluster button…or did you use software/app?

If I select (digital) MPH to appear at the top of my speedometer using coding software (like BimmerCode)…then kilometers appear where you have it circled in yellow. If I select (digital) kilometers to appear at the top of the speedometer gauge, then miles appear where you have the yellow circle.

Did you do any coding that you didn’t mention in your original post?

EDIT: just remembered that the area you have circled in yellow is also the 6WB cluster’s OBC display….so what happens if your press the BC button on the tip of the turn indicator stalk? You may be seeing a selection from your OBC choices…but if you press the BC button and it scrolls through the other selections…the problem is not that your speedometer selects are wrong…you just have the OBC info being displayed.

If you have the car turned OFF (yes, totally off)…then briefly press the odometer reset button (this should bring up the odometer for approx 5 seconds)….what do you see when your mileage appears…miles or kilometers?
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-10-2022 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0